Package Price: 250 US Dollars per person
Tour Package Details:
Tour Duration: 03 Days 02 Nights
Tour Type: Nile Felucca Traditional Sailing boat Group Tour
Tour Starts in: Aswan
Tour Ends in: Luxor
Tour runs: every Day
Maximum Group Size: 10 People
Pickup time in Aswan in Day 01: 01.00 PM
Drop time in Luxor in Day 02: around 03.00 PM
Tour Package Highlight:
Enjoy sailing on board of traditional Nile Felucca sailing boat
Temple of Kom Ombo
Temple of Horus in Edfu
Day 01: Aswan / Nile Felucca Traditional Sailing Boat
At 01.00PM pick up from your Hotel in Aswan to Nile Felucca traditional sailing boat
Nile Felucca traditional sailing boat starts to sail to the North Direction
Lunch on board of the Nile Felucca
Enjoy sailing on the Nile
Afternoon Tea time
You will enjoy taking some pictures during the Sunset
Dinner and overnight on board of the Nile Felucca
- Included Activities;Felucca Ride
- Included Meals: Lunch – Dinner
Day 02: Nile Felucca traditional sailing boat
Breakfast on board of Nile Felucca
Today free day on board of the Nile Felucca to enjoy sailing in the Nile
Lunch on board of the Nile Felucca Sailing boat
Enjoy taking some pictures during the Sunset
Dinner on board of the Nile Felucca sailing boat
Overnight on board of the Nile Felucca sailing boat
- Included Activities;Felucca Ride
- Optional Activities: No
- Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner
Day 03: Nile Felucca, Kom Ombo Temple, Edfu Temple And Transfer To Luxor
Breakfast on board of the Nile Felucca traditional sailing boat
After breakfast you will be picked from the Nile Felucca traditional sailing boat by your Driver and Tour Guide of the day and start a short drive to Kom Ombo City where you will stop there to Visit the Temple of Kom-Ombo, dedicated for Gods Sobek and Haroeris
Drive from Kom Ombo City 60 KM to north direction for the second stop at Edfu City to visit Temple of Horus, dedicated to the God Horus
Drive from Edfu City 120 KM to north to the drop point in Luxor
End of our services
- Included Activities;Temple of Kom Ombo and Temple of Horus in Edfu
- Optional Activities:
Afternoon; Opportunity to do Optional Excursion (Karnak & Luxor Temples)
Afternoon; Opportunity to do Optional Excursion City tour in Luxor by Horse carriage
Evening; Opportunity to do Optional Excursion (Sound & Lights Show at Karnak Temple)
- Included Meals: Breakfast
Here Is Some Information About The Nile Felucca Sailing Boat
Feluccas are the traditional sailboats of Egypt Nile. Egyptians and foreigners alike enjoy a relaxing felucca ride, as they are perfect for catching the breeze on a hot summer night, for brisker sails the rest of the year and watching the sunset anytime. They are ideal for an impromptu party after work, a romantic evening, and for soothing the tots on the weekends. It is not unusual for friends to get together and rent a felucca for an hour or two for a small social gathering. Such gatherings, frequently after sunset, may not do much sailing at all, but simply sit in a quiet cove where everyone can enjoy the lights on the banks and the river traffic.
The felucca has remained, over the centuries, the primary transportation of the Nile. Its ancient form still graces the river as it has done since the time of the Pharaohs. Motorized barges transport bulk material and modern cruise ships transport tourists, but the felucca remains despite modern alternatives. The felucca rarely has any form of engine and relies entirely on the breeze which builds during the day and usually subsides at night, and the Nile River’s current. Egypt is blessed with a predominant southerly wind that pushes sailboats upriver, while allowing them to return on its current downstream.
Some of the craft today are used to carry tourists who wish to enjoy an eternally peaceful journey carried along by the gentle breeze and the currents of the river. In fact, a felucca ride is very often included in many standard tours. Some feluccas even carry passengers for longer voyages of several days, but only the most adventurous tourists usually take part in these, as the accommodations are rather primitive.
Few feluccas are now made entirely of wood, but the basic layout has barely changed. They don’t have a keel as such, but a heavy center plate which can be raised in the shallows. The sails are seriously low tech affairs made of native cotton and other natural fibers.
Feluccas are usually furnished with cushions around the circumference and a table fixed in the middle; where one can surely enjoy picnic style lunch or dinner while enjoying a different view of the metropolis. Your captain tucks his Galabeya (tradition Egyptian male dress) about his waist and steers with his feet, while busily drawing and letting the sail to and fro as the vessel tacks up and down the Nile.
This is the perfect short trip if you want to enjoy the best of Egypt in an adventurous and informal style. Beginning with the Great Pyramids and Sphinx in Cairo, we see all the classic sights of Egypt. There’s Luxor and the Temple of Karnak, the Valley of the Kings, the Colossi of Memnon, and a free day in Aswan to allow an optional visit to Abu Simbel. The adventure comes in our choice of Nile transport, where we have opted for the single-masted, lateen-rigged sailing boat called the felucca. These age-old workhorses of the Nile give us the freedom to cruise between the great sites along the river, watching rural life pass us by. The winds and currents may necessitate some adjustments to the itinerary, but the schedule is designed to allow for flexibility. Throughout the trip you will be accompanied by one of our local guides who are all experts on ancient Egypt.
How And Where You Will Sleep On Board Of The Nile Felucca Sailing Boat?
Prices are quoted in US Dollars per Person per Package.
|Seasons and Rates
|Winter Season start from 01/10 To 30/04
|Summer Season start from 01/05 To 30/09
|Easter Season start from 24 /03 To 08 /04
|Christmas & New Year start from 18/12 To 07/01
Tour Prices Inclusions
Transfer from Aswan Airport, Aswan Railway Station or Hotel in Aswan to Nile Felucca sailing boat
Please inform us after bookings by the pickup point details as soon as you book it
- If your arrival by plane (Airline Company – Flight Number – arrival time) as soon as you book it
- If your arrival by train (Train number and Train car number) as soon as you book it
- If you are in hotel in Aswan please inform us by the hotel name as soon as you book it
Transfer from Kom Ombo to Luxor 180 KM
- Please inform us the drop point in Luxor as soon as you know it
All transfers by air-conditioned non-smoking vehicle or buses
2 Nights at Felucca Sailing Boat on Full Board basis
Tour to Visit Kom Ombo Temple in Kom Ombo City
Tour to visit Horus Temple in Edfu City
Assistance of our personal during your stay and excursions
Services of experienced Egyptologist English speaking Tour Guide joined you in the Sightseeing Excursions
If you are interested in Services of experienced Egyptologist French, Spanish or German speaking Tour Guide is available with supplement of 30 US Dollars per the party not per person
All service charges and taxes
Tour Prices Exclusions
International and Domestic Flights, Train Tickets
Sightseeing’s Entrance Fees
Any extras not mentioned in the program
Tipping as written in our website http://www.egypt-nile-cruise.com/nile-cruise-gratuities-and-tipping/
Sightseeing’s Entrance Fees Rates which are not included in the Package Rates from 01 December 2023
Kom Ombo Temple: 360 Egyptian Pounds
Edfu Temple: 450 Egyptian Pounds
Optional Excursions Prices If You Are Interested and Are Quoted per Person in American Dollar ($) And It’s Excludes Entrance Fees Prices
Aswan Optional Excursions:
- Aswan Tour (Philae Temple and the High Dam) includes transfers and Guide 50 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 30 US Dollars supplement will be applied
- Sound & Lights Show at Philae Temple includes transfers – Motorboat Philae – Representative 45 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 20 US Dollars supplement will be applied
- Nubian Village in Aswan 55 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 20 US Dollars supplement will be applied
- Abu Simbel by car includes transfers Tour Guide – Excursion permit 150 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 100 US Dollars supplement will be applied
Luxor Optional Excursions:
- East Bank of Luxor Tour (Karanak and Luxor Temples) includes transfers and Tour Guide 40 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 25 US Dollars supplement will be applied
- Sound & Lights Show at Karnak Temple includes transfers – Representative 25 US Dollars for solo traveler 10 US Dollars supplement will be applied
- City tour in Luxor by Horse carriage 20 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 05 US Dollars supplement will supplement will be applied
- Hot Air Balloon over Luxor 100 US Dollars per person
- West Bank of Luxor Tour 01 (Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple and Colossi of Memnon) includes transfers and Tour Guide 60 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 25 US Dollars supplement will be applied
- West Bank of Luxor Tour 02 (Valley of the Queens, Madinat Habu Temple and Ramesseum Temple) includes transfers and Tour Guide 60 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 35 US Dollars supplement will be applied
- West Bank of Luxor Tour 03 (tombs of nobles, Deir El Madina and seti temple) includes transfers and Tour Guide 60 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 35 US Dollars supplement will be applied
- Half day tour to Dendara Temple includes transfers and Tour Guide 75 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 45 US Dollars supplement will be applied
- Day tour to Dendara & Abydos Temples includes transfers and Tour Guide 150 US Dollars per person for solo traveler 50 US Dollars supplement will be applied
What You Needs?
Camera– Hat – Sun block – Comfortable Footwear – Sleeping Bag (if you cannot bring your own sleeping bag there is no problem we will request from the Felucca Captain to provide blankets for you)
What We Needs From You?
- Send us scan picture of your passport as it’s requested to do the Nile Felucca trip permit
- If your arrival by plane (Airline Company – Flight Number – arrival time) as soon as you know it
- If your arrival by train (Train number and Train car number) as soon as you know it
- If you are in hotel in Aswan please inform us by the hotel name as soon as you know it
What the Minimum of This Tour?
The Tour run minimum of two persons in case of Single Traveler it will be a different rate, for that case there will be a supplement of 100 US Dollars.
Kindly this supplement will be canceled if other client’s book the same package and the same date and join you in the Tour Package
Prices are quoted in US Dollars per person per Tour Package and valid year around.
Gratuities and Tipping:
How much is the average Tipping and when to give it?
Nile Felucca Crew:
8 US$ x 2 Night x 4 Person = 64 US$.
For The Drivers, Representatives and Guides:
The following amounts are Recommended and on a Per Person Basis (in American Dollars USD).
Aswan Representative 3 to 5 US$
Guides 5 to 7 US$ (Per Day)
Drivers 3 US$ (Per Day) per person
Tips are not an obligation on you. It is redemption for a good service. However wages in Egypt are very low. So most people depend on tips to survive, but this is not an excuse to give a bad service. If you feel that the person is not offering you a good service or stressing you to give him tips, DO NOT GIVE TIPS or REDUCDE THE AMOUNT. But please tell him why you did that. In most cases if you don’t give tips, people such as Driver, Cruise Staff, Felucca Captain or Carriage Car Driver will think that you gave the tips to your guide to give it to them and will start a Hard Talking with him about that and waste your time.
Nile Felucca FAQS:
Why does the price increase for the solo traveler?
That is only in case of no other client’s book the same package in the same date
I will not bring sleeping bag with me is there be a chance to rent blankets perhaps?
If you do not bring your own sleeping bag with you will request from the Felucca sailing boat captain to provide blankets for you free of charge but you can tipping him more in the end of your Nile Felucca trip
I assumed that people would just be sleeping on the open deck, right?
Yes, please open the attached file of this email to see some pictures to show you how and where you will be sleeping on board 0f the Nile Felucca sailing boat
I also wanted to ask you what the weather would be like. Does it get quite cold during the night?
Yes, but the captain of the Nile Felucca boat locks the boat with a thick cloth on all sides