M/S Misr Royal Steamer Nile Cruise Overview:
|Official Rating||5 Stars|
|Our Rating||Luxury Nile Cruise|
|Number of Cabins||24 Suites|
|Average Cabin Size||20 Square Meter|
|Lower Deck Cabins?||All Suites Main or Upper Deck|
|Cabin has Balcony?||Yes. Suite has Balcony|
|Meals Included||Full Board|
Welcome to SS Misr, the only luxury Nile Cruise steam ship to cruise the Nile. We invite you to explore our website and learn about the majestic interior and exterior architecture, the delicious cuisine, world-class service and variety of amenities and activities that await you on SS Misr.
Commissioned by the British Royal Navy and delivered in 1907, the propeller Nile Steamer Misr was first launched on May 28th, 1918 as a British Royal Navy vessel. It arrived in Alexandria, Egypt on September 8th, 1918, from Preston, northwest England, having steamed 3276 nautical miles in 17.5 days.
Having served in World War II, SS Misr (“Egypt” in Arabic) also participated in setting down the 1924 uprising in Sudan as a warship and troop transporter for the British Egyptian joint task force.
After retiring from active duty, Misr went through an entire overhaul; converted into a luxury yacht in 1938 to be used by Egypt’s last Monarch, King Farouk.
After Egypt’s monarchy was overthrown in 1952, Misr became state property and was allocated to the Egyptian Ministry of Irrigation where it languished in a shipyard in a Cairo suburb until Traveline purchased it in 2003.
With special permission from the state authorities, the steam ship was entirely rebuilt according to its original drawings. In 2006 SS Misr was re-launched and returned to the glorified splendour of its heyday.
Cabins & Suites
From the crisp bed linens and fresh scent of flowers in the rooms to the superior interior design, we are constantly striving for perfection when it comes to our accommodations.
With a total of 16 cabins and 8 suites (two of which are panorama suites), each possessing a private balcony with a Nile view, the accommodations onboard SS Misr truly offer a scenic, peaceful retreat after an action-packed day.
We believe food is one of life’s simple pleasures.
That’s why our food is fresh and made with the finest ingredients. On Misr, dinning is a feast to the senses.
And with a bar and lounge to head to for after-dinner drinks and some live music, the entertainment onboard will leave everyone happy.
- 16 cabins with private step-on terrace
- two suites with panoramic terrace
- 6 suites with private terraces
- Upper sun deck with bar
- Lower shaded sun deck
- swimming pool
- Main restaurant and two lounge bars
- Souvenir and Gift shop
- Laundry facilities
- Safety deposit box in all rooms
- All cabins have a Nile view while sailing
- All cabins have an LCD with satellite channels, internal telephone with access to an international line, hair dryer, safety deposit box , mini bar and 2 life jackets except the two single cabins have one life jacket .
- Internet access on boat
- Air conditioning throughout with individual cabin control
First the river steamer MISR was launched on the 28th. of May 1918 as a British Royal Navy vessel , and completed its acceptance trials on the 6th of July 1918
originally designed as “Twin steel steam tunnel tugs” among a class of six vessels of very similar construction ” 264 gross tons, 130 x 26 x 7 feet ”
Two sister ships named E.T.7 and E.T.8 sold to the Kingdom of Egypt and Sudan
S.S MISR was the E.T.7 tug
the steam engines are 2 saturated steam, vertical, reversible two stage engines.
High pressure cylinder is 11 inch diam.
Low pressure is 24 inch diam.
Stroke 15 inch
Prices are quoted in US Dollars per Person per Package.
|Seasons and Rates||Single||Double||Triple|
|Winter Season start from 01/10 To 30/04||
|Summer Season start from 01/05 To 30/09||$0
|Easter Season start from 24 /03 To 08 /04||$0
|Christmas & New Year start from 18/12 To 07/01||$0
What the Nile Cruise Price Included:
A complimentary arrival Airport or Railway Station transfer to Nile Cruise Boat in Luxor or in Aswan in the first day of your Nile Cruise Program.
Meet and assist service upon arrival & departure.
Assistance of our personal during your stay and excursions.
All transfers by a modern air-conditioned deluxe vehicle.
Accommodation on board 5 star cruise on full board basis.
All Nile Cruise excursions as mentioned in the itinerary.
Entrance fees to all sights which is mentioned in the itinerary
Egyptologist guide during your excursions.
All service charges and taxes.
A complimentary departure Airport or Railway Station transfer from Nile Cruise Boat in Luxor or in Aswan in the ends day of your Nile Cruise Program.
What the Nile Cruise Price not included:
Any extras not mentioned in the included section.
M/S Misr Royal Steamer Nile Cruise Notes:
Important to Know:
– Official Rating is the Rating Giving to the Cruise by the Egyptian Tourism Authority. However this is Not the Only Factor that affects the Cruise Quality.
– All Suites are Outside Suites in Nile Cruises. There is No inside Suites. However the Suites are distributed on the Cruise Decks.
– Full Board Meals include Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. All Beverages Are Extra except Tea, Coffee & Juice during Breakfast.
– The Trips can start either from Luxor or Aswan depending on the Cruise Schedule.
– Average Suite Size includes Bathroom and Balcony.
– Balcony could be a very large window from Floor to Roof or an Outside Balcony in some cruises. Please refer to the Cruise Photos for the Balcony Type.
– Misr Nile Cruise could be Totally chartered or Out of Service for Maintenance in some Dates.
– The Misr Nile Cruise Could be Sold Exclusively for some Nationalities. So we have to check if it is available for your Nationality or Not before confirming your booking.
– To Get a Guaranteed Upper Deck Cabins or Suites a Supplement must be paid in addition of the Cruise Price
– For Christmas December 24th and New Year December 31th a Supplement Might be added Gala Party depending on Cruise policy. Client will be informed about the Supplement Amount on time of Booking.
Please inform us by your Arrival complete details after booking.
If you come by flight:
We need the Airline Company Name
Your flight departure City
The Flight Number
If you come by Train:
Train Car Number
The Number of your Train Seat
Kindly know all information and Photos are taken from the Nile Cruise Boat Brochure and we not represent our opinion about the Cruise www.egypt-nile-cruise.com is not responsible for any change or false information published by the Nile Cruises Companies.